Did you know that foreign buyers are returning to the Australian property market, with fears they could drive up the cost of homes for Aussies already struggling to buy a home?
China was the largest source of investment in Australian residential real estate, with $1.6 billion invested in the six months to the end of December last year, according to official figures.
The Chinese government has also instructed its students to return to foreign campuses for face-to-face teaching. Chinese property experts believe that Australia is the most popular destination for people from China who are after foreign property. And one leading expert has warned that the increase in foreign property purchases could lead to trouble for Aussies in the long-term.
John Kehoe, Economics editor of the Financial Review, told Today that prices could rise because of the foreign investment.
‘What it means for property prices, I think in the short term, they’re going to be more determined by interest rates and we expect them to continue to fall down.
‘But over time, when you’ve got more people buying from abroad, more people coming here from immigration, that will support property prices upwardly in the medium term.’
Juwai IQI co-founder Daniel Ho believes Australia is the most popular country for Chinese homebuyers.
‘In January, Chinese buyer inquiries for Australian real estate surged by 24 per cent compared to December, due to the announcement that borders would be reopening,’ he said.
‘Total foreign investment in Australian real estate fell significantly this quarter. Chinese buyers remained the most significant, with $600 million of approved investment, even though that was down $1 billion in Q1.
‘When you include the city of Hong Kong in the Chinese total, Chinese investment this quarter accounted for $700 million of Australian property.
‘At this rate, China will invest an estimated $3.2 billion in Australian residential real estate this year, which would be up from $2.4 billion in 2021-22. With the inclusion of Hong Kong, China would invest $3.8 billion, which would be up from $3 billion last year.
‘In 2022 and so far this year, Australia is the most popular country for Chinese homebuyers, for the first time ever. That’s according to Juwai IQI Chinese buyer enquiries.
‘In January, Chinese buyer enquiries for Australian real estate surged by 24% compared to December, due to the announcement that borders would be reopening.’
So, what are you waiting for?
Reserve your place and join me and 55 like-minded property investors at the next Real Estate Investing Fast Track Weekend!
Seats are strictly limited so book NOW in order to avoid future disappointment…
Here’s a Sneak Preview of What You Will Discover By Attending This Unique 2 Day Live Event:
- The likely impact of tighter lending controls brought about by APRA and how this will impact your serviceability as the RBA continues to increase interest rates.
- What you need to know about Australia’s housing market’s ability to perform in an inflationary and rising interest rate environment.
- Why now is the ‘PERFECT ECONOMIC STORM’ for property investors and learn what you need to do NOW to make sure you collect your slice of the profits that will be made by savvy property investors in Australia.
- How to understand property cycles, state by state, and how to hone in, with laser-like precision, on Melbourne’s Hot Spots in 2023 and beyond.
- Learn how to identify the exact type of properties (Apartments, Townhouses or Detached Houses) you should be buying in different areas in order to maximize capital growth in the shortest period of time…
- The exact way to build, structure and automate your property portfolio, that is virtually the exact opposite of what the banks and lenders want you to do.
- Learn the exact formula that is used by all the banks to assess your borrowing capacity, the DSR Ratio (Debt Serviceability Ratio), and understand the importance of buying a combination of Cash-Flow Positive Properties and Negatively Geared Growth Properties. This alone will save you years and even decades of frustration, and countless possible rejections from banks and lenders.
- The huge difference between property ‘OWNERSHIP’ and ‘CONTROL’ via the use of corporate trustees and trusts, that the rich exploit and the poor do not…
- Learn which properties to buy first, Cash-Flow Positive Properties OR Negatively Geared Growth Properties; this is essential if your plan is to continuously buy property year after year. If you get this wrong you will hit a brick wall with banks and lenders very quickly. The order that you buy them in will determine how quickly you can build your property portfolio and achieve your financial goals.
- And truckloads MORE insider secrets to catapult your property investing success….